Tuesday, July 13, 2010

more food!

The holidays are all over, not everything was achieved however we are still working on our lovely little list of important kiddie/mummy things to do together.



Today after school we went to the new Sushi shop that has opened, it was absolutely lovely. we bought it all home and had a feast before dinner. So nice to have a lovely new shop nearby and so good. My petal is so happy it is her favourite new shop.



We made our first baked cheesecake from a recipe that my lovely country Friend, dear dear friend, gave to me, with one change as I forgot to get cream so we used condensed milk instead, I am a little anxious if it will set alright and taste alright however I will let you know and judging by the smell that is wafting around the house it is going to be great. All vanilla and lemony goodness yum. (just to let you know it set and came out far too good)



I have finished my hat and scarf that I will need when visiting my lovely country friend. So cold there but always well worth the visit. I am hoping to get over the cough soon so that I can make the trip.



My other dear friend's son had his next operation today and it seems that things are a bit better for him. My red headed hurricane made sure to light a candle for him at church on the weekend and I told his family of his doing. My little petal did one after the first operation to make sure that someone was looking out for him and getting him better. They really have a lovely view of life.


We have been cooking more, trying to get back into the swing of things before the turkeys get me down. Last night we made this http://www.abc.net.au/tv/cookandchef/txt/s2632115.htm and some of this too go with it instead of the bacon.
http://www.sbs.com.au/food/recipe/72/Guacamole_dip

Opps forgot about the amazing Mayonaise that my darling other half made too, first time, using the masterchef cookbook from the first series and a bit of knowledge. We learnt that some olive oils can make it quite bitter, that perhaps using a basic and non flavourable oil might work a bit better. I didn't have dijon mustard so improvised with a french mustard instead. I thought it was brilliant, and the lashings that were going on with the food meant that the rest of the family thought so too.

Back to the ironing, nearly finished serves me right for leaving it so long.


1 comment: