Wednesday, March 9, 2011

3 boxes

I have a strong feeling when it comes to boxes, I don't see something for children to play with, I don't see something to pack things in, I see 3 boxes that sit on my shelf at home. They make me sad, they make me angry, they make me reflect. These boxes all contains ashes. I picked up another one yesterday of Stanley. The other 2 are my parents. I see them everyday. I read the inscriptions and realise how much more I want, another day, another hour, another moment.....

I look at the boxes and realise that my thoughts have been conveyed to my youngest child. When we were in Mitre10 he asked why they kept peoples ashes on a shelf in the garden section and his older sister explained to him that this box was not for ashes but for goods they were selling.

Sometimes I wish our life was a little different and the children did not know what death and all the implications of losing their sister, their grandparents, their uncle and their dog meant.

I wish that I didn't have to hear from my children late at night when they come and see me; "I am a little sad about....."

No comments:

Post a Comment