Monday, April 4, 2011

Why we have hearts.

My red headed hurricane told me this morning as we went home sick from kinder. "Mummy do you know why we have hearts?" I said "No" he went on to tell me that "we have hearts so that is where we store all mummy's love" I really wish my anatomy teacher would accept this wonderful explanation for Body Organisation course. I think that I am going alright slowly starting to get things and then something tricky happens. A new movement that my body refuses to do, a new topic that just doesn't seem to click or a password that doesn't work and cannot be fixed for a couple of days. Challenges are proving to bug me at the moment. I am not going to let them win, I am practicing, waiting and revising. My petal has just been for her neuropsyche assesment and as always the results mean a new challenge for us. We have been told that we need to start her on medication soon and as always I am very sad, something else for her to deal with. In so many ways we have been lucky to get this far before we needed it, in other ways I would love to be in the "Normal" world. Imagine that! As she gets older we are noticing more and more differences, more hurdles and her becoming more aware of others and how they function. Questions are more and more forthcoming. On the other side of the coin, we have a very very intelligent child. Poor, poor mummy hard having a girl smarter than her! I hope I can bluff her for a few more years yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment