Monday, January 7, 2013

ideas.

I love the idea of the jar with the 365 grateful things that occurred during the year, I am not doing it, I have the blog for that, I am trying to keep upbeat and well just enjoying amazing things that are occurring.  New clients, new things, happenings and progress.

The first part is the progress on the house. It has been so lovely having the insulation in the lounge, kitchen area done.  Makes a huge difference, also the awnings love having 2 now.  The sanding has been done, the undercoat was attached by all the family and then fell to my other half to complete. I dashed off to do a massage, our kiddies just dashed off.

A trip to Savers proved very very positive.  The first find was the cast iron fry pan.  We have not have a frypan for a while that we have been happy with.  We have bought and paid good money and watched them destroy themselves for no no reason. So I researched and found that the best one could be a cast iron as long as we can handle the weight.  It is HEAVY.  Nice and even cooking.  It had no price thought there was a smaller one being sold or $30.00 we held our breath, asked and was given a wonderful surprise of the price of $10.00 SOLD!

My other half cleaned and seasoned his new friend twice! Looks as good as new.  We are yet to use it but I am sure that it will be very exciting when we do.  Probably tonight.

We also found some nice designer jeans for my other half in his size and length.  Sometimes it pays to shop second hand as the alterations have been done.   These brands would have been close to $200 mark each if we had bought them retail then alterations on top.  We spent  just over $40.00 for both.  So a very happy man.  

This is the start of the new year and well it is progressing alone nicely.

A dinner with a good friend last night and he bought dessert Macaroons amazing treat.

A dinner with Nanny and a few quiet drinks has been really lovely.

Now all I have to do is choose the paint colour, yes I know I said I already had however I have changed my mind, opps.

Photo's to come, my silly phone camera is not behaving at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment