Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I found Pink Pyrex.... wonder what is next?

On the weekend we went Op Shopping with the kiddies. It has become a tradition it would seem.  They loved it and beg us to go not just once but lots.  I had a whinging hurricane so we changed our mind on where to go and went somewhere new.  Croydon, we haven't been there for a while and thought it would be good fun. There are a few op shops there and a reasonable size shopping centre as well.  My other half used to work in that area so has a bit of knowledge of where to go.

The first place that we stopped at was quite good, we didn't realise they were closing and normally would have shut 1/2 an hour earlier lucky for us they were staying open a bit longer. My girl had great success at this place and I was pretty happy with my find.

The next place, was BIG, I thought a little over priced but upon further investigation they had amazing things and not too bad, (there has been lots of recent discussion amongst blogs about the prices of things in charity shops) . I had SUCESS here, butterfly plates perfect for the caravan, japanese retro tapas pots and my all time favourite thing PINK PYREX, I cannot tell you how long I have been looking for something pink and not found anything.  I was following the advice of one great op shopping blog, "look up, look down...."



I was sitting down waiting for the children to finish, my back is hurting at the moment (a massage today will fix that). I was looking at this big place wishing that i could really have a good hunt however not happening.  I looked under a shelf on the floor and there it was.  I couldn't believe it, happiness thank you lovely op shopping fairy.  (Made in Australia too)

This one was coming home with us.

One more op shop or maybe 2 as we were on a roll.  My boy found his fishing lures that he desperately wanted and a lucky 8 ball. That was telling him to ramp up the pester power. I am sure they can smell weakness!

A pink princess plate for My Petal, we really need to donate the teddy plates that are far too young for them so I am gradually replacing them with more appropriate things.  Not too matchy, matchy just what they like.   My boy is requesting polka dots plates bright and colourful that we have seen in Coles, I am sure they will come on special soon enough.

Last place, Red Cross.  I found a wonderful top, new shoes, my first ever pair of red shoes!  A chunky bracelet, a silver scarf and I am done.

Croydon great for op shopping, great variety and prices have a look when you can.








No comments:

Post a Comment