Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A bit more progress

We are chipping away at things around the house.  We ordered and picked up some wall features for outside.  I found out to check the price as there was nearly $50 difference with exactly the same thing being ordered from Mitre 10 and Bunnings.

A lovely butterfly light box from Northcote Pottery.  Light box is not really the correct description. Firstly there is no perspex and secondly there is no light. So it is a metal sheet.   I like it all the same and it will become a light box eventually.    Yes yes when we do it I promise there will be photo's. I am slack at the moment or not driven to take photos of the bits and pieces of progress.  I think I would be trying to justify all the work so this way you can just form your own impression in your head.

More sanding has been done. I am over sanding and with the change in weather tomorrow that will be it for a bit.   Thats not to say that there isn't HEAPS more to go!

I have found a nice new door handle (lockwood) for the screen door.  I wanted to replace the door however my other half thinks a bit of work will bring it up nicely and especially with the new hardware too.  I have to remember that we are big about recycling and reusing not just getting all new things and getting rid of the old because i am want new and pretty.  Sometimes I dream about a bulldozer coming in.

I show the children our progress and what we are going to do. They ask questions and show a geniune level of interest and wows, makes me happy.   It also motivates me to do more and show them lovely progress.  Progress which makes me smile when I go outside.  Even if it's only a section of the house it is making a difference.

We made Paella, I have never made it before. I had all the ingredients except stock. I make it the children turn it into chicken soup and then its gone very soon after that.   Bit fiddly the recipe, maybe because it was the first time making it?  It worked well and I have requests to do it again soon.  Nice to have new not too complex recipes that are winners.  Of course now I would like a paella dish, I used a cast iron wok it worked perfectly.



Back to massage tomorrow.










1 comment: