Monday, September 16, 2013

Trying a Budget - Reducing Expenses off to Aveda

I have been thinking about saving money. I always try to be proactive but sometimes I ignore something that I need to address. It has been far too long since I have been to the hairdresser. I am so over it, I cannot however justify getting my hair coloured by my hairdresser. Don't get me wrong I love her to bits, she is fabulous and does an amazing job.  It is the cost that I cannot justify.  I have decided to give Aveda in Box Hill a go. I thought that I would ring up and see how far in the future it would be before I get an appointment and would you believe I get one tomorrow morning. So this is it, I have no time to really consider what I am doing and worry about it now. I am off to see the students.

The cost difference is quite significant I would have to say over $100.   They are using the same products as my normal hairdresser and I have read everywhere that they are supervised.  If it works it will be wonderful to finally have my hair looking better again and not take too much of a hit on the budget.

I am really trying to get serious to put money away again in savings. For too long now every cent has been used to pay for expenses and other necessities.

We had a lovely holiday on the weekend. I manage to do quite a few massages which was good.  So it was a bit of a working holiday.  Relaxing all the same.  I was surprised at how easy it was to make this work.  I have more ideas for next time and I have a few great leads for future massages from this.

I have to consider all opportunities to increase the income and decrease the outgoings. Whilst I was busy massaging the kids were busy playing and we were not shopping or spending.   I did sleep very well that night.










No comments:

Post a Comment