Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Baking again.

I love baking, haven't been doing much in that downward slump that is October. Always such a hard month. Anyhow in September whilst on holidays with the kiddies and driving around the country doing country op shops we managed to find a Vintage Sunbeam Mixmaster. Joy oh joy. Don't get me wrong I love and adore my Kenwood that was a present from my other half half before we were married.  (he also found a wonderful porcelain bowl to go with it to make it perfect.)  This is just one of those things that I have really liked and always looked for but never ever found, except for a few parts which are not elusive to me when I am looking for them.   Here it was sitting waiting for us in the lovely shop. The down side, the cord has been cut.  The upside it was not put to auction and was ready for us to get.  I ummmed and ahhhedddd over it.  Not an expensive purchase but more than we had spent all day except for our lunch stop where the kiddies had to have 2 courses as they do including a large dessert each not to share.  

So I was walking around thinking about it, wondering if we could afford it and if I really NEEDED it, when another women decided that she did ohhhhhhh.... I was so disappointed.  How could I have just walked away a bit?  Well the lovely lady in the shop realised what happened and told the women that it was not working. She was clearing interested in a resell.  She promptly put it down and moved away it was now OURS!!!!!!!!!!

So now this beautiful item is sitting on our kitchen bench waiting for a new lease on life. I follow a facebook site that does these lovely beauties up and shows step by step how to do it. They look quite magical. I have high hopes for this one.  

In the meantime I am off to make some blondies with figs and some biscuits and a few other things.  Great entertainment for the kiddies whilst on school holidays and watching the storms too.  Thank you lovely Kenwood, I would be lost without you.  I am looking forward to new adventures with the Sunbeam too.



No comments:

Post a Comment