Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Getting Hair done and the savings with students!

So today I set off early to Aveda.  A bit of a slow trip but about the same time it takes me to get to my normal hairdressers.  I had to pay for parking $5.00 which I don't normally so that was a bit different. I walked to the place after parking not very close at all. Parking was not easy.

I had a lovely student. Susan.  Nice start, not the same as the rapport that I have with Emma who normally colours my hair and I was sad about that, however I needed to give this lovely women a chance.  (I must admit that I was very very happy that she wasn't under 20 as I expected)

So we sat down and discussed what I wanted, even though I was booked in for 1/2 head of foils I was able to ask for a full head, lots more colour (I normally only get 1/2 or 3/4 at the most so this was really testing this out)  I felt very comfortable talking to her and allowing her to choose what needed to be done, asking questions that were relevant and easy for me to answer. I felt confident with her ability. The supervisor came over went through all the things that we had discussed and made some minor suggestions to the Susan and asked me a few questions to make sure that I understood and was happy with the procedure.

After working on my colour for a while, it would take over 1 hour to just put all the many foils in, we discussed if I wanted it cut as well. I have not had cut and colour at the same time for so long as it is too expensive to get all at once normally. Today I decided for an extra $15, I was happy to get a cut and blow wave as well.

I am thrilled with the colour, the savings turned out to be much, much more than $200 all up.   The colour is wonderful the cut well it won't be as blunt and last as long as my normal senior stylists fabulous cut but it is lovely all the same. The blow wave, well that was good too. Maybe I am picky or maybe I have had many blow waves in my time and the more practise the better they get. I have paid full price for worse blow waves.  Am I happy? Yes absolutely!

The differences, paying for parking (make sure that you have change available), no lovely salon, no lovely hot chocolate or tea or even water. (I had my own with me, just in case) No biscuits,  No Frankie magazine to read, I will make sure that i take something next time. (Although in saying this my hairdresser didn't have it the time before and the last time someone else had it) No Senior stylist to do the hair cut, however I normally get a junior or the same level to finish off and do the blow wave so they vary greatly.  Lastly the cost no comparison I could easily have afforded to buy a magazine subscription and go out for lunch and have a hot chocolate at an expensive cafe which was all that was lacking.





 I popped off to the bank and put the savings in the bank.

If you need a hair cut and are watching the budget. I would strongly suggest going to see some lovely students and letting them practise.


No comments:

Post a Comment