Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year

Well that year went very quickly or so it feels and I am trying to get on top of things still. I am mowing and painting and weeding and ironing like a women possessed.

My next main goal is to get the caravan ready. We have found a temporary home for it and moved it from my parents house, (which is now mine) and I am about to clean it out. First I have to empty it out. We have done this before. A few years ago, when mum was still alive, me and my other half emptied it out and cleaned it out and got it ready for going away. Unbeknown to us my mum managed to in spite of a broken hip and broken back fill it up again. So when we collected it from it home and looked inside we found all sort of things in there. I know she would be sitting up in heaven laughing about it wondering why we took so long to find her little surprise. So now I am getting busy on the inside, the outside can wait, although we have had it serviced so some of the outside was first. This little trip will be a great time to work out exactly what we need to take with us and what we need to update inside. It a vintage about 1973 one so things are very cute inside. It is only 3 berth so that will make things interesting hopefully we can get the annexe up and then the kiddies will happily sleep in there. We have to buy a couple of blow up mattresses although in the future I would prefer to have a bunk bed for them. Takes up less room and it is quite fun for both of them. Camping has to be fun after all not just something that you do. We are not going to our favourite spot this year, but a new place with another family too.

The mulch pile which has been haunting me for so long is finally gone, one barrel load to spread out and then it is done for the time being. The garden has come along and it looking quite nice to a point that I am mostly happy with. Although the area that Stanley lived in will have to be tackled next, i am not sure what to do there. Maybe a few more fruit trees would be good. Stanley loved to eat all the plums and apples and often had a big sleep afterwards.

We had a quiet new year, just the way we like it. A friend came over and a few drinks were had by all. We watched our amazing friends fireworks that he does in the city and finally they were properly broadcasted on tv this year. Absolutely amazing nothing less than I would expect.

I think i will have to think of a wish list for this year.

1. Get the deck done and have a sit down on the deck (which involves me finding a table and chairs for out there)
2. Painting inside and out
3 Especially doing the Hurricanes room installing cupboards etc
4. Go to Japan again
5. Get a puppy (we are all so sad not having our big black monster anymore)
6. DO SEWING
7. Do Knitting (see Kate and learn how to knit using those dreaded needles)
8. Enjoy what life has to offer.
9. Spend more time walking and playing with the kiddlies.
10. Visit Daylesford a bit more and have visits too.

2 comments:

  1. Do you mean the circs? You don't need to see me (but you can and we'll have fun), they are easy peasy. Happy new year my lovely friend. XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I do mean the dreaded Circs I have tried and failed many a time so you are the inspiration. I can do normal knitting but those dreaded circs just totally confuse me! :) Happy New Year my very dear Daylesford friend. (see you soonish)

    ReplyDelete