Thursday, January 6, 2011

oil of cloves, bi carb and vinegar.

These lovely ingredients are my friends. i have been using them constantly whilst cleaning the caravan and all the things from it. SO many things, it took me nearly a day to empty. I am finding some lovely things that I had totally forgotten we had. Plus a bit of a cull is occurring however I am finding that a lot of Australian made products are staying and the made in china newer things are out! Lovely to see all the things we used to make in Australia and took it for granted such a shame that we don't anymore.

So firstly the bi carb has been cleaning all the stains from inside the lovely old dinner set and all other things. Then I have used it to take the smell out of the fridge a bit of vanilla as well. (Fingers crossed that when we test the power that this works otherwise off to Good Guys.) The oil of cloves has been used on all the mould inside and out and makes the van smell lovely. The kiddies love it, the smell was very old prior to this. The vinegar and lemon has been used to remove the rust on the van and on some of the utensils. This also smells like fish and chips night and again the kiddies love it.

Hot soapy water is great too and has been used in abundance. I have really had to be very careful cleaning things as they are old and some things cannot take the rigours of normal cleaning. Shannon Lush has been wonderful and so too have helpful hints from the computer (thank you google).

I found this lovely website today in a down time moment and thought that it might be interesting for a few.
http://shewearsmanyhats.com/2011/01/handy-dandy-photography-tip/

Not related at all to what I am doing but good all the same.

Have a lovely day. Back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment