Thursday, October 7, 2010

progress

Yesterday we made heaps of progress around the house, not big things but lots of little things that all add up and make it lovely. The kitchen was tackled. So we now have a rangehood (working and lovely) we were measured for a splashback and FINALLY chose the colour. We had a list and were able to narrow it down easily and my little Petal made the choice, this one mummy and we all agreed. A yucky and very temperorary (12 years!) fluroscent light was removed and new one installed above the kitchen sink which is quite lovely to do the dishes now. The kitchen is actually starting to look finished. Today I am measuring a cupboard and getting those lovely inserts cupboard thingies that help keep me organised. I did all this under the sink and it has worked a treated so I continue to the next one. Pull out baskets seem to be the order of the day for the potatoes and another for the onions. I read somewhere that you shouldn't keep them together as we have been. Something about the onions releasing gasses that are not good for potatoes but don't quote me on that. Anyhow that is my excuse and I am happy to use it.

Off to do a load of washing and ironing whilst the sun is still out. Multitasking is good.

I forgot to add tonight me and the kiddies are going to tackle Felt animals or food. I found a couple of free patterns and we will see how we go. Strawberries and donuts are the favourite at the moment,

No comments:

Post a Comment