Monday, November 19, 2012

sometimes the planets line up for the Op Shopping.

Lately I have not been not just wondering in and looking for what I can find I have been going to op shops with specific requirements or things that I would like to find from a wishlist.

A missing piece or replacement piece of a dinner set, a clothing requirement, a pair of boots that are needed, pretty cake plates, a skirt and material. All different things from a wish list, some practical others not.

Well amazingly enough I have found everything that I have needed or wanted to date.

A soft grey top to go with my skirt, something made in Australia if possible. (Tick). I found this straight after the visit to the farmers market in Collingwood, the children love this market and I got to see Daylesford Organics although they were all sold out. Always so very nice to have a little chat.





The skirt I bought on ebay.  I love skirts that have a different cut, this one is shorter at the front and longer at the back. i know there is a technical name for it, I have no idea what it is.  I am going to make some very soon, stay tuned.  (Sorry about the black on black but I think you get the idea.)  I also found a ring that covers most of my finger and some other accessories.

A pair of gumboots or something that I can wear to the farmers market in Winter. (Tick) I did even better than that, they are beautiful equestrian boots made in France and just gorgeous.  I was totally thrilled with this find. I have been dreaming about the lovely ones in England that are too many hundreds of pounds to even consider.   Happy dance happening even if it's too warm to wear them.


A little foot stool that I can change if I want to (Tick).  I was watching one on Ebay however the price went up and up and I stopped watching.  This one was $5.00 at the Op Shop.  I just couldn't pass it up.


A couple of vintage cake plates (Tick)  nothing too fancy just something pretty to pop on the table.  i knew what I wanted and I was thrilled to find exactly the sort of style and pattern.


A fascinator. I have never owned one and well this is my first and probably only purchase.  I like it, it's subtle.  It doesn't get stuck in doors when I leave the room like some of the really big ones that are amazing but how do you wear them!!!!  I had a lovely work function that required dressing up for and well this was just perfect, I didn't have to spend a small fortune either.


I am wondering what I will find next from my wishlist.  A wingback chair would be great for the bedroom and something to go at the end of the bed, totally french and beautiful.

Enjoy I hope the Op Shopping has been good for you too.






4 comments:

  1. Oh the boots! The jealous! Where did you find those? Were they a good price? I am after a good pair of outside boots for when I am in the garden. Let me know if you find any size 10!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them in CPS Op Shop (Rosanna) they are having a sale on Sunday morning too. These are a size 9 and I will keep my eye out for a 10. They were a great price and amazing... the happy dance continues!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Well worth a visit not big like Savers but good finds all the same.

      Delete