Monday, March 15, 2010

My Jars







I have 2 jars that are my current projects. Firstly the one on the left is the result of the gardening group on Sunday. We found out that we have to test our clay, yes, we don't have much soil but we do have lots of clay. To find out if it will respond to clay breaker. So this jar is filled with a bit of clay and water. Keeping our fingers crossed. After this it will be a quick trip to Bunnings to buy gypsum if the results come up positive. Then lots and lots of soil improving will be necessary, mulch and organic matter. I am sure that we will be able to empty both compost bins now and still need more!




Secondly we have tadpoles. They are about 25 days old now and growing nicely,no signs of little leggies yet. The children were given eggs and watched them hatch and grow feeding them on a daily basis. We have a lovely destination for the frogs in our neighbours pond. I love the noises of the frogs at night time.


I have already learnt a little about blogging it's only going to be possible at night times after the redheaded hurricane is in bed.


Then there are numerous and probably too many to mention projects on the go, the more the better it would seem however maybe not. We are doing a bit of screening, I am sure that many have heard me venting about the current situation occuring with building going on nearby. So the plan is to plant more screening plants and it has been suggested by knowledgeable gardeners that a passionfruit might do the trick or a clematis. I am taking both these ideas on board and doing both!
I am trying a new tactic of one thing at a time or maybe 2....hmmm, we will see how I cope with this plan later in the week.


Now all I have to do is find a moment for a bit of sewing I have a skirt that is calling and a scarf that needs to be finished knitting for a very dear friend. (You know who you are!)







3 comments:

  1. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I happen to have a nursery contact in Daylesford if you are interested. One of the Mums in my Mother's group - well her Dad owns a nursery & a bric a brac store & will give us mums a lovely discount if we mention her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so amazing Deb.. I cant even get 1 thing on the go let alone the dozen you have going. The passionfruit vine sounds awesome.
    I have very clay soil here and it has taken me approx. 2 years to get it to the great loamy soil i have today.. But i have to always keep on top of it...

    The soil i brought in was very sand so that needed work too. But it is all pretty matched up now. Thank goodness for chokes in the back yard. Their poop is so useful..lol

    Loving this blogging, but i would not have enough good stuff to say to start one...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I recognise someone in this photo.
    My passionfruit vines are growing terrible here. Soil is so bad.

    ReplyDelete