Friday, May 4, 2012

I love vintage!

I love vintage things, retro and australian made too!  I love all the wonderful things that are around now that have surfaced from cupboards and homes and some are very affordable prices and some are not,  however I just love looking at all the wonderful things that you can find, it makes me happy.

When I was growing up, red was banned from our family home. My mother always disliked it, passionately and so nothing red entered the house and if it did it normally left very quickly or was shoved away in a cupboard.



I found one of these lovely items when I was helping her organise her hall cupboards a few years ago and asked if I could have it.  It was the start of my red passion at our house, this lovely red poole plate.  At first I was frightened to have red in the house, then after a bit there was no stopping us. Even a red splash back and curtains! (not vintage, I wish).


My Petal made the beautiful flower for the vase.



I am chasing the light, I always seem to be running out of light when I am trying to take photos.  I must get more time or more light. It has turned so very cold and dark lately, hard to believe it is not winter.

I don't have an era, I just like the look the things.






So for me the house feels like it has lots of red a warm and inviting colour and not the warning colour that it was in the past.





No comments:

Post a Comment