Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekend Away

We have had a few trying weeks and I decided that we absolutely needed some time away, it didn't matter that it was going to absolutely kill our budget, it didn't matter that I really needed to study, I needed a break more than anything and My Red Headed Hurricane needed his birthday treat.  So we dashed off to the coast, for a belated birthday, mothers day and rest and recovery time.

First thing that happened just after we booked was a discount email came through, so we rang up and managed to get the upgrade to the discount, got to love those emails.  We were now just getting a room for the weekend but also a free paper each day,  free hot chocolate/coffee on arrivals, free spa, free peddle bike and a free dvd hire.  So this was good, freebies are always appreciated.

We left on Friday and had a great trip down there in spite of the peak hour.  We arrived and quickly dropped off our things and dashed off to the fish and chip shop. Another budget blower however it was great after a long drive.   Then afterwards we watched Avatar, something that we had watched before but were keen to see.

The next day was lovely, no rain in sight so we did a spot of Op Shopping, infact we went and tried a new one that we haven't been to before.  LOVELY I think this is our new favourite. The ladies in the shop were great.  My girl found lots of lovely things 2 tops, 5 books, a gift of an angel from the lovely ladies at the shop. We spent $8.00 in total at this op shop. It was so much fun and although my boy didn't get anything he had a lovely time looking and knew that we might find something at the next or even the 3rd one. This was his request for the morning and we were happy to play along.

My lovely bowl from the op shop (one of the purchases) that I am using for soup. My Other Half made a pumpkin soup with coconut milk and some thai spices.


We walked around enjoying the sun, we then popped back to the cabin for some lunch.  The wonderful Anglesea Fruitz had some lovely specials including smoked salmon so a very decedent lunch happened.  I avoided the brie leaving it to the rest of my family to devour. Next on the list was the peddle bikes (not the ones on the water) this one was a 4 seater and we rode around the caravan park stopping for a break at strategic places.  The first stop, the games area and park.  A break for a few minutes, a collection of a new friend to have a spin and then off again, next break for mummy and daddy's very tired legs was the beach, watching the waves and the people on the beach and in the surf.  Next stop, we made our way to the giant cushion. We all went for a bounce and laughed when we all fell over.  Last stop was the return of the bike.  After that was the spa and dinner. We explained to the children that we were not doing the whole weekend of take away and made a lovely dinner, we watched a video for a lovely quiet evening.  Everyone was sleepy after a lovely warm spa and a lovely warm shower sitting in front of a cozy fire.

The next morning was Mothers Day. I always have very mixed emotions about this day.  I love the cuddles and the small presents that the children give me,  all day! However there is a little face missing.......  I received some lovely presents including a few from the stall at School now from both my children.  I loved the made presents, aren't they always so very special. I love the butterflies and all the thought they put into each and every present that make or choose.


I found a lovely market nearby to the Caravan Park and after a big cooked breakfast (I was shooed away every time I tried to help) we checked out and dashed off to market.  Lovely produce there, unfortunately we did arrive late. We saw a stall holder that we know from St Andrews market and was able to have a chat. My kiddies tested out their Chinese on her. 


After that we drove around looking at blocks of land and dreaming about what we could do with them.  My Hurricane didn't really understand what we were looking at; he would march around the vacant block and wonder why were happy walking around in the cold and wet.  It was mud, why would we want to buy mud!

One last walk along the shops before the rain drove us back to the car and homeward bound.

I hope you had a lovely mothers day and received those beautiful presents that we treasure.

x






No comments:

Post a Comment