Sunday, May 27, 2012

My kingdom for some sleep

This week has been one of those weeks. My poor Petal has been sick with an ear infection and of course it gets so much worse at night time. When I get home from school I find her in tears and miserable from the pain.  I have been working hard with my reflexology and foot bath with essential oils to help with the pain to enable her to get a few hours sleep. This is all we are getting.  So the family is exhausted. My Hurricane luckily sleeps through all the night time routines of getting pain medication to her, cuddles and heat packs.I have been getting her into our bed for cuddles and help settle her. Last night it was horrible and we decided that she should sleep in our bed, poor love actually got some lovely sleep unfortunately this is the sacrifice we made for ours.

I was looking forward to a conference all week, then today I realised that it was not going to happen. I don't have the level of concentration needed to sit through the hours of lectures, to go to the city and wander around. I am exhausted and drained and need to spend some quite time with my Petal.  I have distracted her with very simple craft projects that we have done together, whist she was having an alright morning.

A couple of washi tape flags with a little bit of maths homework whilst we are doing it. I try to take any and every opportunity especially with everyday tasks to incorporate maths.  Sewing, craft and cooking is ideal to use.


We found an old bottle that we dug up from the garden and decided this would make a perfect vase and be lovely decorated in washi tape.  (If you stand still too long around here you could find yourself nice decorated in tape.)



My regular friday routine of looking after Pop during the day is not normally too complex.  This week there was a bit of pressure an assignment, a sick girl and the rain and storms made it more challenging especially when Pop decided to go for a walk in the storm and nothing I said was going to stop him.  So I dropped everything and dashed off after him.  I managed to get him back inside without either of us getting too wet.  It is quite challenging now, the moments of clarity are only that.... moments brief and fleeting.  When I am talking to him it is like working a cryptic crossword. I was asked about the Guy Fawkes man. This turned out to be a question about a good friend of ours who is a pyrotechnician.  He does the amazing fireworks show each year for New Years Eve in Melbourne.

Back to assignments - 7 to do now!






No comments:

Post a Comment