Thursday, June 28, 2012

two steps forward 40 back

The last couple of months have been really tough. We have budgeted hard, we have gone without and we have been very, very careful. I could almost see the end (I need to qualify that we were getting some income again) as we were getting paid very soon. I keep saying that very soon not long to go and I am going to get a couple of things. Nothing big, just something that I would really like. A pair of boots, its cold and I could justify getting them and a pretty peacock feather cushion. We have a few big bills looming and well that is alright until today. Today things changed as the company has decided not to pay.  No there was no problems with the work done, no problems with the invoicing, no problems with anything else really they just don't want to pay in spite of the promises to pay promptly.  They want to blackmail us and get us to commit fraud instead of just paying the money they owe for services already rendered.  I have to tell you that things really change in our thinking and how we operate it was like being retrenched all over again however this time there was no money coming, plus expenses have already been paid for and more were looming, no savings no safety net nothing.  It has been quite some time since the last time we were paid any income and so we were very excited.  We both decided a treat would be in order nothing to extravagant but something that we might really want or need. No harm in that.  We have the school holidays coming up and we are broke before we even start. I do have a voucher for the movies however not quite enough for all of us.  I have some money coming up for a survey but not quite yet.

So now we are back to survival mode.

I am again looking at what we can sell.... we can generate some money and quickly.  How I can do more, work or something.

It was very hard to concentrate at school today.






No comments:

Post a Comment