Sunday, July 15, 2012

Op shopping list

When you go op shopping do you have a list of items that you are looking for? Do you go to the same op shops and just see what you can find?  Do you go for the thrill of finding that one fabulous things or do you go for necessity? Do you like going?

I go with a list.  I have had a couple of things on the list.  First was a pyrex pie dish with some pattern.  Recently we made a pecan pie and from the recipe for the pasty it was suggested that we use a pyrex pie dish for the best results.  We didn't have one, never had one and i decided then and there if we found a decent one whilst out shopping that we would get it.

Today was the day we came across one and snapped it.  i was hoping for a coloured one but I was happy that we might get 2 eventually if we found one great. We make enough pastry for 2 pies so they will both get used.

Another thing on the list was a book to complete the collection.  Whilst visiting the coast for our caravan holiday we managed to buy a collection of what we thought was complete books of Wicked by Paul Jennings however when we were reading them later at the caravan on a daily basis we discovered that book no. 5 was not in the set.  So today i managed to finally find a copy.  The reading will continue.

One last item was a children's microwave.  When my daughter was much younger she had one as a toy.  After so much use and love, it broke and was sent to the toy heaven. We have looked for an appropriate one and found just the thing today as well.  So tick off the list.  I notice that ready made meals were proudly presented to me when we were home again and it is being used quite happily. Masterchef cakes in the microwave last week and surprise surprise I was being presented with this as dessert.  Funny how children have their favourite toys. Even years later she is finding the same level of enjoyment with the same item.  So with her little kenwood pink toy mixer, her kitchen is complete.  I wonder if she will require a pink mixer when she is older (not a toy.)

I often wonder if my Petal will love pink with the same passion as what she does now. I know I have been told many many times that she will grow out of it, it seems that her love of this colour grows not diminishes.

I try to remember what my favourite colour was a child.  I remember my love of blue from a long way back and it hasn't changed.








1 comment: