Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Scones

Finally I decided that I really needed to do scones. We were hoping to start with wholemeal scones (dates of course) as our first and as luck would have it one of my favourite blogs posted a wonderful and easy recipe.  So that was it, I had all the ingredients I just had to do it.




I have to say that they worked. The first attempt even without one of the key ingredients opps you shouldn't juggle phone calls, children and thinking about assignments when doing scones.  However the next batch was wonderful, the first was consumed quickly too.

So I was very scared of making scones and what sort of failure they would be.   I found them simple, lovely and so fun to do. What a wonderful treat for visitors if they are whipped up before they arrive or just after.  One word of warning DO NOT over kneed.  No matter how much you feel the urge, resist!  I used a butter knife to bring all the ingredients together. I listened very carefully to my mother in laws instructions and watched her lovely skills of 60 odd years of making them.  One evening we were all standing around her bench in the kitchen and she walked me through this, this was a year or 2 ago and I haven't had the courage to attempt them however we were sent home with a lovely batch to eat.

So if you don't have the time or skill to make them I would strongly suggest that you purchase them from Hope Farm or visit us!



1 comment:

  1. They looked like they turned out perfectly for you. So delish!! Thanks so much for linking back to my recipe Deborah!
    XO
    Lisa Mary

    ReplyDelete