Sunday, July 29, 2012

What treasures will be found.

The last couple of weekends we have been having fun, the children and myself going to op shops.  We have been to a few different ones recently instead of our regular places.  My Petal settles herself in to see what books she can find, my Hurricane instantly looks for building treasures and I have been looking for Pyrex and a top for my other half.

I recently acquired a nice coat and I am very happy with this find.  I stumbled upon it quite by accident and decided that the weather being so cold I could justify this buy.  I have noticed that when I visit that often people have a budget, they won't pay more than $1 for books, they won't pay more than other set prices for things. I don't really do that. i do have a limit to what I will pay but it depends upon the item and the quality and condition.

I found my blue pie dish in pyrex or no it's crown this one.  It was an affordable price so it came home with us.   My Hurricane this time had to have things that were all $10.  Well over my budget for toys and things. I did get talked into a lightsabre, which hasn't left his side since Saturday. It comes to dinner with us, when he is playing on the computer and any time that he thinks would be suitable.  My Petal has been raiding her piggy bank and has been quite happily purchasing what she wants. It is a wonderful new level of freedom for her and she looks at the prices carefully before making her choices.  It's very interesting to see her skills being tested and she looks for small items as well that might be included in the stash but not charged for as they are too small to worry about. These wonderful treasures she is extremely pleased with.  A couple of little tiny pocket dresses and accessories have not been acquired.

When my other half returns from his kitchen adventures the children and myself proudly show him our treasures.  We also make a point of donating some goods whilst we are there.  Some come in, others go out.  I do hold back from donating books now as they are going to the second hand book store that we have recently found.  A great place and they do wonderful swaps there for the children's books.

The kitchen is starting to make better progress now.  We picked up the pressed metal splashback and that has been taken to the place ready for installing.  It;s nice to think that it is starting to come together. It feels like a very long time and I know for my dear friend it has been A VERY LONG time since she had a workable kitchen.  I hope she can hold out a bit longer and then well it will be great once it is done.

Well back to assignments one more done and lots more to go, time is fast running out I have about 10 weeks left before I finish my course and that is just so hard to believe.









No comments:

Post a Comment