Wednesday, February 8, 2012

AGAIN!

The kiddies are back at school and we are traveling along as per usual. I had just started my first massage after the holidays. Although I did massage whilst I was away.

I contacted my other half to request his presence for a parent teacher interview that afternoon late. He told me that he was made redundant. I knew it was coming, I knew I should be better prepared, after all this was not the first time, wont be the last and yet this time it hit hard. I had not had a chance after the holidays and all the bills of February and a bit of spending for preparation to put away like I had the last time. This time will be a bit harder. At least I know what to do.

So today I was cooking and trying to move on from yesterday. To look at the positives and not be overwhelmed by that drowning feeling. I know that I have to start planning and getting another income in very quickly. The savings are down and the expenses are rolling in. I am back remembering how I went last time and trying to move on. I know how we should have at least 3 months in savings (put away) to tide us through anything like this happening in this current climate. I know that I should have been better prepared and not tried to ignore what was looming. I know that I should have not spent money when we came back from holidays, I know all these things however well too late now. I have to make the most of what we have.

So today I looked at the pantry and ignored the bank account, (alright I had a sneak peek twice incase something magical appeared. You know bank error in your favour collect $2000.00.) The pantry is well stocked so that is a good start. I cooked, stuffed capsicums, salmon patties and the boys made pancakes. I looked at our veggie garden which was destroyed by the hail at christmas and hoped that something might appear tomorrow. I looked at the fridge and well that is alright too. (I know my dear friend would laugh and say that it is always full).

So how do I get an income.... my massage certificate comes mid march. We have a couple of things that are overdue for selling so that is a start, once they are gone some expenses will be reduced. Every little bit helps.

After I thought about things for a while, I felt like I could breath a bit. My head is not in a good place yet but well tomorrow I am sure will feel different again. Maybe some baking and sewing is in order to help things feel that bit better.




No comments:

Post a Comment