Monday, February 20, 2012

Making some progress

So off to a better start this week. We sold my mums sofa bed/lounge, it was sold on Sunday and collected and taken to Bright on Monday. I am sure it will be very happy there. It has been taking up room in the lounge which was already full of furniture including a large lounge and some items that I purchased to pop on the deck when it's built. So this has been part of the plan to make a little money and to increase available space. Big tick there. I am wondering what is next. We need to make the money come in a bit as well as outgoings. Selling assets is not going to solve this problem however it will do for the time being. I am so happy to have this large item go and have some space back, I was doing a happy dance as soon as we walked back inside after loading it onto the trailer.

Did some cooking as well so that is good. I am considering my next sewing project, making a massage bag for school. I need something that will hold all the linen that I require and still look good and be easy to use. I have been seeing lots of tote bag beginner blogs and I think I will try one. Just need to be an extra extra large size.

The birthday cake that I baked last week was a big sucess. We had a dear friend come and spend his birthday with us. I make a rule not to buy grown ups presents for birthdays however we are happy to make dinner and cake. I used a Julie Goodwin recipe "Burnt Sugar" cake. http://www.shesaid.com/article.aspx?n=69115906&v=4 It was decadent but not expensive, most of the ingredients were already in the pantry and we only required butter. I would love to say that it looked exactly like the photo however well it still looked very appealing. I also made some "boy bait". A lovely recipe from Gojee food top 3 recipes. http://whatsheshaving.com/2012/01/22/blueberry-boy-bait/ It's hard to ignore these recipes when they land in my inbox and sit there smelling lovely and looking so tempting. i find it challenging to find healthy (or reasonably so) tasty treats for the kids which is good but not just chips and chocolate. Pancakes and slices seems to be the most popular and at least this one had fruit as well. Also made a bircher muesli recipe that the children scoff. I remembered finally to put in coconut (shredded) and this seems to fill them up for many hours, us too.

I felt like last week we were saying No to the children all the time, no we cannot buy this, not we cannot buy that. No we cannot go there and no, No, No, NO! I let go a bit at the weekend and said yes to 2 things. Firstly the books at the op shop were a great find and we had 2 very happy children at $3.50 I felt like this was just the best, also a lego mini-figure each as a small treat. I know they have lots of toys and saying no is not a problem however it was nice to see 2 happy kiddies sitting playing legos and swapping the ones that they got for the exact ones that they wanted with each other. We had a school function that to attend on Sunday and went to the little trains. Happily enough the children were able to have a ride as part of the get together and due to a very large brunch no one request for a ice cream or any of the other treats that were available at the place other than what we had bought with us.

Thats it for a start today... progress is being made and I am hoping that I can report tomorrow of more.





No comments:

Post a Comment