Sunday, February 26, 2012

Coming up with Ideas

I thought it would be easy to think of things to do that cost very little money.  I thought I would have a wonderful idea of $16 entertainment blog. This is not the case at all.

The minature trains (1 ride with the children hardly seems enough) however comes in under budget at $3.00 per person. Going to St Andrews market and having thai for breakfast or brunch, again comes in under budget and is wonderful. We sit outside on the deck and watch the kookaburras (free entertainment whilst you are eating is always good!) Going to the local swimming pool and having as many turns on the 2 water slides is a winner as well but so far that is about where it ends.

So now i have to think up many more things. I have seen friends do this and wondered how they do time and time again.  The local library is the next idea and should prove to be very sucessful. Its cool inside. it has books and other wonderful things and just works so well with our limited budget. Op shops have been wonderful as well especially for books and craft things. We have a little list that we take with us to see if this is the day that we will find some treasures and also some things that we want to use to make things. I have drawn on my stash to help out. I have a stash of some vintage fabric, lace and buttons also some current fabric and wool.

The movies is just out of the question at the moment however I am doing surveys as fast as I can to get some tickets. I have 1 and working on another. Once we don't have to pay for adults this cuts down the expense to something almost reasonable.  Tuesday is also another option unfortunately this is my school day starting next week. 

Parks also seem to be another option especially as we have a fabulous not to far away from us. My Red Headed Hurricane suggested that we walk there and I think that will be high up on the to do list once the temperatures cools down a bit.

So ask me to come up with ideas about food and the list goes on and on and I even provide receipes ask me about cheap or free entertainment and I am stalling at 3-4 ideas.

It always comes back to the No factor. We cannot afford it, we have bills to pay, Daddy is not working, we have no income and well that is about it for tonight.

Thank goodness for the children. They seem to find the most amazing and affordable entertainment. The first one that has become a regular is a fashion show. My Red Headed Hurricane works both behind the scenes and introduces my Petal. He is happy coming out and making all the necessary introductions and updates.  Confident and happy explaining that he applied the make up and helped with the styling of the beautiful model. So cute. We also try to do a games night as well and that seems to be very affordable. They love movie afternoon with popcorn or chippies or anything that constitutes a yummy snack. If I have baked something that seems to be the most popular option.

They also make things for us to eat.  i am constantly being told (try this Mummy) Today we had a banana, strawberry smoothie, my Petal made with instructions from her self made cookbook.  My Hurricane made hommus dip and toasted bread that Daddy made fresh.  They are already organising their next cook off.  which involved my Redheaded Hurricane doing the cooking and making with a little assistance from his dad. My Petal doing the drinks and I can do massages until my arms are too tired to do anymore.  This is exactly what we need to do to make money.  So cute that they have all these amazing ideas and they are so hopeful that we will make enough money to take care of everything and all our friends.  

So what I need to remember and I seem to be struggling a bit with is, the cup is 1/2 full and we have a lovely family and family time is precious but not expensive!




No comments:

Post a Comment