Monday, February 27, 2012

time to get serious

Well a couple more days and I am back at school and of course I have not made or bought a massage bag that holds all my requirements, towels, sheets and hand towels etc and makes me happy. So with my limited sewing skills I am going to have to get very serious and make one very quickly. I have a 1/2 day of classes on my first day back later this week so I have a couple of days to do this.  Firstly I know that I need a pocket inside that will hold my oil and essential oils without leaking everywhere. So I need something like a plastic or oilcloth I think.  I am wondering if I need to have this pocket attached to my bag or just find something that works and pop it inside the bag?   This is all throwing around ideas and trial and error at this stage. I also need something that won't catch my towels when opening and closing so a clip not zipper closure.  I need handles that can convert to backpack style to keep my hands free when I have to carry my massage table as well AND something that is pretty but not too pretty if you know what I mean.  I also need another pocket to carry my small diary and papers,  again I am not sure that this needs to be attached to the bag or an inside pocket. I have to take notes and other requirements from clients as well as I think I will want to use this bag not just for school.

I have no idea on earth how to draft a patten so I will just wing that and see what happens. I figure that I can work it out as I go and laugh at the problems and bungles.  I am off to check the stash and see what jumps out at me to be converted into a bag.

Lets hope this rain keeps going so that I can keep finding at excuse to stay inside and work on my new and urgent project.




No comments:

Post a Comment