Saturday, February 11, 2012

a break in the weather

Saturday we had a picnic, it has become a family tradition to meet up with my other half's brother and his lovely family at a park, that is sort of half way between their place and ours. A lovely big park with a lake, lots of ovals, a university nearby that sells plants and a childrens' play area. The last couple of years we haven't been to the play area however this year they were able to get a table nearby and do exactly that. My sister-in-law is very good at picking the perfect spot. This year we didn't bring food (except for a little blueberry cheesecake) we just bought some drinks. We forgot the water so this is going on the list for next time. It was a wonderful day lots of lovely food, some presents given and received, a good play and a commitment to meet up again next year for our tradition.

My Redheaded hurricane loved playing with all the big boys. He was running around mad, he even wanted to be home quickly taking a short cut as he was SOOOOOOOO tired and needed his bed. He spent time collecting acorns, he has a lot now from off the grown and I am not sure what he is going to do with them. I am sure we can find some quick craft project to use some as he has so many and so too my Petal.

We really had lots of treats today and bought a couple of things but nothing that wasn't necessary. I bought a pair of pants (my jeans are not going to cut it when I am back at study) with a voucher that were on sale and ended up paying $4.50. We had a big lovely thai brunch which cost $16 for all of us and we couldn't eat another things as we were all full oh yes the kiddies had a treat of chocolate truffles for $1 each who doesn't love treats and the lovely cheesecake which was $9.00 and there was enough to go around all of us, with a little leftover.

$16 seems to be our magic number for entertainment or a treat. We went swimming with the children on Wednesday that lovely warm day. They had a ball going on the waterslide and attempting to splash and jump on us in the water. My Petal discovered that she is able to move more freely and experimented in water even by attempting to lift both myself and my husband. Her favourite part was carrying her brother.

My Red Headed Hurricane, who we have always thought could and would talk underwater proved us correct by doing exactly that. After going down the water slide (the faster one!) and being caught by me at the bottom, could not contain himself and wait until he was actually above the waters surface and started telling me before with the bubbly glug, glug coming out as he was being lifted up. As soon as he was above the surface he continued with the conversation very excited about how fast he went down the slide and under the water. Barely finished he was off again up the stairs to manipulate the older kids into letting him go down first. My Petal liked the straight slide which goes almost as fast and makes her squeal with delight just as she hits the water with a bomb position and splashes myself and my other half with a wall of water. Giggling and laughing asking if we saw her.

A bit more distance between the redundancy and a bit more time with the family is helping the situation.










No comments:

Post a Comment