Sunday, March 11, 2012

another day another dollar spent.

I am finding that familiar patterns develop when I take on school work on top of everything else. I get very stressed and worry about what I don't know and there is so much revision that is necessary. I feel guilty all the time, that I don't spend enough time with the children, the family, my fantastic friends, my work, my massages, the renovations on the house, the housework, my blog and the garden to mention a few.  I am stretched in all sorts of directions and sometimes I snap.

Today I received a lovely message from a friend that I should have contacted and when I read it I realised that I was doing the same thing again, not making time for other important things and people.  I was so sad that I had disappointed my friend and made her feel unloved. This is not the first message and not the first friend that I have made feel like this. I don't know how working mums do it, I am struggling all the time.  Single mums and working mums are very undervalued, they should be left to just rule the world and what an amazing and organised place it would be.

On Sunday I try very hard to make a lovely breakfast and family time that we all work together on. The children help with the chores and pitch in to make the big breakfast happen. I copied the lovely breakfast that we had had at a cafe in Anglesea.

 I decided that photo's were in order of course the one I had in mind didn't happen as we were all eating and then I remembered, lucky my Hurricane is a slow eater and had not started on the pot. So I jumped up and took one photo and then that was it, not staging, no adjustments, just a photo of a boy about to make a start on a meal.






It's kidney beans, diced tomatoes, and chorizo sausages with egg on top and parsley with a little bit of chili. Served with sour dough toast, although we had yeasted bread this time.  It's one of our favourites and makes a lovely start to the day.

Off to tackle the paperwork and packing for the girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment