Thursday, March 8, 2012

full week

This week for both myself and my boy we have our first full week at school.  I think we are both feeling it,  although it's my Petal who is really struggling this week. I have seen tears and naughtiness like never before. Today the teacher had to take her into class first thing in the morning crying as she refused to let us go, she is not feeling really well and she just wanted us to stay.

I am surprised at how I am being argued with and tested all the time. I have to wonder if this is because of me being back at study?  I know that the children are not happy about this however I thought with having Daddy at home that things might be a bit different.  I feel that we will all have to get used to the changes that are happening with our family and it's a big adjustment at the moment so we need to breath and take things a bit quieter and let go of some of the stress and start to enjoy all our wonderful things that we have.  

We had our parent teacher interview this week and nothing was a surprise about our Red Headed Hurricane, that he is very strong willed, that he talks a lot and stops when he is good and finished saying what he needs to say and not before.  That he is great with vocabulary and that he does what he want when he wants and nothing more. Our boy that skips everywhere explained to his lovely teacher that he CANNOT skip.  That he doesn't know why school is giving him readers to bring home he CANNOT read.  That he loves maths numbers and does again what he wants and refuses to answer if he is not in the mood in spite of knowing the answer.

He has now bought home his first readers and delights in reading them to us and laughs and tells us the extended story versions.  Our baby is reading!  Now my email will not be safe from him either!

I NEED A MASSAGE BAG!  Yes that is yelling, i hope I can be heard for miles and that someone takes pity on me and helps me make it.   i have struggled each day for my first week and a bit of school and I am over trying to carry a basket up hills and down whilst walking to school and back to the car.  I have all the material, the pattern is coming together with a bit of help from the Engineer and i have a bit of time with the long weekend to hopefully sew it and get one together.

We have been busy making breakfast bars, roast chicken for sandwiches and I am hoping for blueberry muffins on Friday (Children's request).  We used some of our lovely tomato pasta sauce.

I am exhausted after a full day of massaging and stretching and transverse friction.






No comments:

Post a Comment