Tuesday, March 27, 2012

dehydrating continues

So I had a thought that more things needed to be dehydrated before I was sure that this large gadget was staying. A few lovely apples was just not earning it's keep yet.



So after the apples, came strawberries, banana's and we are about to do kiwi fruit and oranges.  A lovely fruit salad of dehydrated fruit.  I also have been told about beetroot and I was thrilled with this idea. Beetroot chips sound wonderful. I am going to make sure that fresh beetroot is on the list for the farmers market this weekend.  Fruit leathers has been requested and so that will following soon.  I do like looking at all the little pieces lined up in the dehydrator.  I love the low hum coming from the kitchen each night too.

I didn't soak the banana's and strawberries in the lemon juice like I did with the apples.  The apples  have kept a lovely colour that is appealing to look at.  After a day or two they are softening up a little. The strawberries are my favourite as they are so small but packed with flavour. Everything tastes so lovely and makes a yummy snack for brain food for the children at school.   I am sure that we will be using them on our muesli too.

I had school today and so didn't have my juice as we have had every other day. I really felt the difference and missed the energy levels and the feeling of wellness. I am not sure if it's in my head or  I actually feel that way.  i have been enjoying the juice and even had some yesterday instead of breakfast and went out and did a massage.  I wanted to see if I could happily keep up my energy levels when exercising for a long period of time. No problems in fact I felt very happy afterwards.

We have been talking about alternative health options and benefits at school quite a bit. ( I have been continuing with my no milk choice substitute soy or rice milk.  In saying this I have not had rice milk yet and I have already had a couple of people waiting for a report on what it tastes like. )  Each time our teacher gives us something else to think about. "how can we talk to people about fitness and health if we don't have this ourselves"  So that is something else to think about. I am walking and juicing tomorrow and considering what else I can do to improve my health and wellbeing.  I am not looking to do sport messages however I will do whatever the client wants and I need to be taken seriously. I need to pass on information and knowledge that I am accumulating and answer question relevant questions and predict outcomes.

I have an assignment calling to me, I just realised today that instead of having another weekend to complete it, as it's due next Tuesday. I don't as I have classes all weekend so that is makes things a little bit more complicated. Thank goodness I have been working on it.





 



No comments:

Post a Comment