Saturday, March 24, 2012

apples

We have been buying and juicing apples lately however I am hoping to do a lot more so the next idea is actually getting out our dehydrator and using it, it has been a while. I have made a promise to myself that if something is not being utilised in the house then it has to go (there are a few exceptions to this rule of course but kitchen gadgets especially large ones are not exempt)  Of course I haven't a clue how to do this so I decided to find someone else to tell me. Thus I went to this lovely blog and read about it sounded simple and I have no problem with leaving this on overnight.   Even though we have a few lovely apples trees we have no apples at the moment. The parrots took care of them and we forgot to put the nets on.  Next time they will be getting the ones that I cut and give to them and not the entire tree.  I am happy to share however not all of them.  




Which leads me to think about the trees we have planted. I realise that we are missing a lovely apricot tree and a lime tree.  One of the lovely ladies that I massage gives me a regular supply of lemons and we use them all the time. So our next purchase is going to be at least one tree or more.


We dashed off to St Andrews market again for lunch this time as we had an open day at the children's school.   I booked in a lovely lady from the market for a massage on Monday morning so that will be a great start to the week, what I like is that she wouldn't let me do it for nothing and now is only happy to do it when payment is involved. I will do a special rate for her as she is just so lovely and I am still starting up. I think it is a good idea to reward those that start with you and stay with you along the way.

 We had our beautiful curry on the balcony at the market watching the forest and the kookaburra's in the tree.  I promised to take photo's and this time I actually have one.  We take our own bowls and yes the kiddies are bigger than ours. They love thai food and give the lovely ladies making it big cuddles every time they see them.




Now for some juice today we decided to add fresh ginger (last time we had none except for the jar so we added that) and pineapple to the mix, just a bit.   Made it lovely and not too sweet.  The juicer is wonderful and is getting used on a daily basis, it is a lovely addition to our kitchen gadgets.

I love kitchen gadgets. We have a rice cooker that we bought in Singapore and carefully packed it in our suitcase well the one we bought to hold it with pillows and lots of padding to get it home. It is used so very much. I also have a lovely Kenwood mixer that i was using a lot and then packed it away in the back of the cupboard for a while, now with my lovely vintage bowl, I love it and use it quite a bit. I will have to start using the other attachments as well.   We also have a pasta machine to do the pasta. I have not used it yet so I had better start thinking very carefully about making some pasta or it goes!  I think it is easy to get gadgets and then put them away in the cupboard and forget about them or let them take up space as they were expensive and cannot just be got rid of.   Sometimes you need to be inspired to use these items.  I know we will be shortly.

Our children have been busy and especially the Hurricane. He loves making, baking and cooking in the kitchen. As a treat he made us dip this afternoon which was lovely snack before dinner.


Off to do Movie night, we are making some lovely pop corn with caramel.  Might be dessert at this stage. Veggie dinner of zucchini fritters.









No comments:

Post a Comment