Tuesday, March 20, 2012

another job!

I had school today and I am feeling a little or a lot overwhelmed by what we should know and what I don't know.  A half day and then study buddies came home to do some study. We had burgers veggie and meat, then straight into stretches. Facilitate stretches that we need to know and use all the time.    You get to see how flexible you are and what muscles are problematic.  A little nicer than trigger point work but not as beneficial by itself.  We were all discussing how much we miss just having massages and giving them to each other.  

We were also discussing how hard it is to get people to pay for a massage. People are happy to line up for a free massage, not so keen to give a small donation and definitely not happy to pay for the time and energy given.  As soon as you mention payment they are not available. As a student I try not to request payment as I am still learning and studying although I have some qualifications now and this enables me to ask for payment. I don't do little massages I give thorough and long massages and try to make it feel as good as I can using all my knowledge and skills.  I use good oils and essential oils. I provide good and clean linen and well I am not sure what more I can do?

My lovely Study buddy gave my girl a beautiful and relaxing session of Reiki.  I was listening to the meditation music and instructions and becoming so peaceful.  I could see her relaxing down and enjoying the attention.  It so lovely when someone works with my Petal and helps her feel good, of course it means so much to me too.

The most amazing part of the day was my other half got a job, a good job by the sounds of things as a contractor. So now we have to work out the details, he has never worked as a contractor before and well this will help our situation.  He won't be going in to an office in the city everyday, he will be travelling overseas and he will be able to do some work from home, which helps me.   He starts as soon as he sorts out the details or in a couple of weeks.  I was hoping that it wouldn't happen quite so soon thinking that we would find out by the middle of April however we need to start getting the funds.  It has been hard but great. I will be a lot more careful now especially as we have depleted at lot of our savings and the bills still keep coming.  It's always a catch when we have the time to do things (renovating) then we don't have the money to buy the supplies.  When we have the money we don't have the time to do anything.

I am thinking that a little holiday of a couple of days might be good start to working again.  I am considering where we might go. I know the children love going to the beach so that is high on the list, even if we cannot start for a couple of days a day visit might be in order.  Can we keep within a tight budget and still do the holiday?  I know that most of the entertainment that we love is Free there. The beach, the walks and fun even the wine tastings.  Something that I will have to consider very carefully.













 



No comments:

Post a Comment