Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend

It started off with the promise of being a very busy and productive weekend and like most things changed along the way.  We normally go to a farmers market as a family however this Saturday my other half dashed there without his family.  I was feeling a bit unwell and decided to stay behind with the children. It was raining and no one was keen to go.  (Later that day we were heading off to a birthday party down the coast for our goods friend boy. He was 8.)  He returned from the farmers market with lots of goodies and the prospect of a bit of work for a project that will give us a small amount of income.  Every little bit counts.  It takes some of the pressure off the Chief financial controller, me!  Amazing how accomplished he is.  I like having those moments when you think goodness this man that I am with is very clever, resourceful and quite amazing.

The birthday party plans changed from swimming and playing in their local park to back to their house due to the rain.   Its a fair drive to visit my friend however always worth it and we always look forward to our next get together as it doesn't happen very often especially with my study and workload.  Sometimes we meet somewhere else and let the kids have time together as well.  I love her and her family they are amazing and it is always interesting to see her renovations on the house. We were greeted at the door by the amazing granite bench top, so lovely. Black with flecks and all we could think was WOW!  Her family were already eating and playing and we joined them. We were late but it was a slow day, I was slowing everyone down.  We stayed long after everyone left. I was talking and enjoying the day and I realised after a bit the pressure that I had been under was enormous. I was being packed a take home pack and she was being amazingly generous and wonderful and then made us dinner. It was all a bit much after the big week and the tears flowed.  My friend requested several times that I stop or she would start. She is so lovely.  So after a wonderful dinner, the recipe was provided we were packed off home with more things than we brought, tired, happy and full.  Then on the way home the stupid check engine light came on. Not far from where we left. We got out, swore heaps (I asked my other half to stop as the kiddies were getting upset and very anxious.  Then after a few checks water, oil and all the usual,  I mean what can you really do when that light comes on, on a Saturday night on the way home from down the coast.  We proceeded home a bit slower than usual.  The kids were sound asleep after a moment or two of distress that we might not get home.  I reminded them that we would be alright.

So Sundays plans were starting to unravel as well.  An early morning call, swimming cancelled, afternoon plans cancelled and due to a late night, two very tired children.  So we had a quiet day. We made golden syrup and date pudding (Thank you Sue) for a lovely new cookbook that we were given as a present. Actually when I say we, my Petal made most of it, I just supervised and helped with the pouring and oven bit.  The Red Headed hurricane made the decision of having Thai red curry for dinner with beans and sweet potato and spinach roti.  So that was dinner and dessert taken care of.  I cut up tomatoes, onions, herbs, garlic and anything else that I could find that would go with them.  My other half bought home, 8 kg's to make into sauce so that is brilliant.  I have a jar promised to my beautiful friend from the coast when we catch up at Moomba next weekend.

That was it for the weekend, no study done, that is reserved for today as I couldn't bear to tackle it.  Off to have breakfast and do homework and anything else that I need to catch up on.






No comments:

Post a Comment