Tuesday, March 13, 2012

off to Camp

My Petal goes to camp tomorrow. I am really anxious about things and trying hard not show it. I wish that she had a little friend that she had paired up with like most of her friends. She tries to but does not quite succeed.  Just when I thought she had someone to be with at camp, then I find out that is not the case.  We were lying down together having cuddles and talking about the 3 bears, the just right was the key to this conversation.  Then she told me that she was not to hang around with her friend for a few days.  She always takes it on board that she is at fault. That she can be a little too full on with friends.  I think that we will work with her on that. I try to tell her that sometimes her friends have the sillies and say silly things, that might be a little hurtful but not true.

How sad this makes me that she doesn't have her twin.  I so wish at times like this that things were different.  I would feel so much more confident about sending both of my girls.  My boy of course had a lovely little comment to make me feel good about things. "Mummy, she will love it and then she will be home to us!"  I must remember his dear little words and will just be happy that she is very happy about going.   Very excited and planning what to do when she needs her daily cuddles. I cannot say that I am happy about my daughter going however I have followed her lead and let her decide.  I have tried to think of positive things to say about camp and that she will have so much fun being with all her lovely friends.

So we are packing and labelling all the items. I am looking at the pink things in her pack.  We have so much pink! It makes me smile as I always thought my girl would not be a pink girl. I refused to buy pink or dress her in pink when she was young. She made that decision and still chooses it over EVERY other colour.

I got another assignment today at school, that makes 3 now. At least this one is not a big one or maybe it is, we can make it as big as we want, it is for our information we have been told. So it should prove to be interesting. Trigger points and pain is the topic.

We were given a lovely Juicer, when I visited my very dear friend on Monday afternoon.  I took her a small present and came away with heaps of things.  I am not sure how that works but that has been happening a bit lately.  I have had to wait until tomorrow when I have a moment to use it. I have a lovely bowl full of juicing apples waiting and calling to me to use them for this.  I cannot wait, I will be happily drinking juice tomorrow whilst making a cake for one of my study buddies birthday on Thursday.   I also need to make something for when my Petal returns on Friday.  I think it will be lovely for her to come home to freshly baked cake and a surprise outing to her favourite place for dinner with one of our favourite friends.

I have to go and decide on 2 cakes that will be appropriate to make tomorrow.






No comments:

Post a Comment