Saturday, April 14, 2012

Favourite places, favourite things

I sit on the couch curled up or with my laptop on my lap when I am studying, I position myself there because of a few reasons. It is easy, it is light and it is quiet (mostly).  It is also close to food sources in case I do get inspired to do something food wise.  More a distraction than a help for fuel and brain power.

I especially like it that I have some of my favourite things. I have my girls photo's and other family photo's around so they help me and remind me that this is very important, easy to forget when you bogged down with the workload of overwhelmed with the amount of things that you have to learn.


I love it that my dad used to sit in this area, looking out the same window and enjoyed this the most.  It became a morning ritual and a good start to the day. Quiet time with a cup of tea, and his oxygen machine humming away.   He would do this first thing in the morning a softer more diffused light would come through that window, this photo is the afternoon sun shinning through.

I have a lovely vintage table that used to be in my dad's room.  I love the child's chair in the foreground, that used to be mine and has been recovered for my Hurricane to use, my Petal never took to it,  He happily sits in it chatting away to us or watching tv or even reading.

I love the view outside of the gumtree and the plumtree with it's autumn colours showing and the blueberry in a barrel.  I love that this area will be recreated soon to show it's best colours when we make this the path to the business area.  That others will enjoy the view too.  The peace and quiet of the garden. That this part of the garden will be shown in it full glory.  That more care and attention will be given and that areas that need fixing will be fixed.

I am so super stressed about my first exam and wondering how on earth I am going to learn everything that I need to by Tuesday, not feeling confident at all. It seems the more things that I try to cram into my head the more that others fall out. I am clueless with the dates as well. I was hoping that the Finders Keepers Market was on today and have just realised that it's next week, so too my Graduation from my first course.

Our kiddies stayed at Nan and Pops last night and this is giving me time to study but the stress of not having them there is not making me happy. I think a quick phone call is in order.  To hear the lovely sweet little voices, telling me how much fun they are having, away from their stressed and uptight mother.








1 comment:

  1. This is a great space to study. I like it for similar reasons. It was always an excellent place to get some Vitamin D and warmth during the Winter months when I was studying.

    ReplyDelete