Sunday, April 22, 2012

Finders Keepers, Still busy!

Next day was busy again.  We were dashing off to the Finders Keepers at the Exhibition buildings on the edge of the city. We have been before when it was a the Docklands but not for a while and this time one of my very  Favourite bloggers was going to be there. I was hoping that I would firstly get to see her and second have a moment to just say hello and BUY something. I was thrilled to bits that all three happened. It was just such an amazing experience as she was so lovely and her stall was just so colourful and beautiful. I was a little overwhelmed, meeting this beautiful and talented women.  I couldn't even remember the name of my blog! (opps)




Firstly it was great venue. We walked around Carlton prior to going there and enjoyed scrunching through the autumn leaves.  Enjoying the warm weather and the sun.  It was lovely for the children to see inside the buildings. We have been there recently with the visit to the museum and I grew up going to these buildings and different exhibitions with my parents.

Outside we were impressed to see the good food vans. Had we known we would have not bought our own food. In saying that we couldn't resist getting the fabulous cupcakes that were being sold inside.  






Inside was busy. Lovely stalls, so difficult to know which one to go to first, I allowed the crowd of people to dictate and just go with the flow, straight down the middle.  Keeping in mind that I just really wanted to go and find my favourite stall. That I would now be able to reach out and touch things, that they would be in front of me and I could gush like this all day and night, I think the photo's will speak for themselves.  (You will have to forgive me, this stall was very busy and difficult to get a good uncrowded moment.).  I think you can see from the first photo of inside, that the crowds were there and enjoying this wonderful free event.  So lovely to see all the very talented people selling their beautiful and amazing items.







My children were instantly taken with her and her beautiful (Japanese inspired) stall. I loved that they love the people that I love.  I instantly saw a beautiful butterfly ring and I knew it had to be mine, it was perfect and meant so much to me, because of the symbolism of the butterfly AND that it was here.

My Petal decided on some beautiful hair clips and told me later that it was so hard to chose as she loved nearly everything.  I had to agree.  I was just so happy with my purchase and I had to wear it almost straight away.  I had to make the budget stretch a little to include these items and I don't care if I don't get anything for mothers days now except beautiful handmade pieces from my children.

This was the absolute highlight of my day.

Ok so here is a few more beautiful stalls that enchanted me. We made a couple of purchases include a beautiful chopping board for my Red Headed Hurricane.  He has been doing more and more things in the kitchen and needed something of his own to use so that he is not muscling in on my space and area. He will be very busy creating something this week I am sure.




We bought some washi tape for my Petal who is dying to try using it. I gave her a book recently so that she would have some idea and a start.  I really loved this stall. They had a framed picture with a saying... it is something that my petal loves to say unfortunately you cannot see it clearly in this photo.  It says, you look exceptionally lovely today or something along those lines.  I pointed out to my Petal and she loved it.


My boy won the hearts of the Frankie stall and allowed them to give him a lollipop, he then requested another one for his sister.  (He always thinks of her).  We had split up into teams for a bit, so he didn't want her to miss out.  They both went back together and said a big thank you. The girls there were exceptionally lovely.





Whilst walking around we were treated to some great music. It was a lovely Saturday afternoon after a good night.   After finishing up here we decided to take the children to play in the park outside.  It's a great place and they ran around and had a ball. Then off home to movie night, Udon noodles and salty caramel popcorn.

A great finish to a beautiful day.  

(note to self Gluten Free is important when seeing special bloggers) 





4 comments:

  1. JEALOUS!! I'll have to do the next one. Looks AWESOME, great pics! I did go and look at the Finders Keepers website the other day, will now go searching some more - please let me know whose stall you got the ring from and I will search for them at the website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neana, I am so sorry I didn't say anything sooner. First I had the wrong weekend and then we just dashed there. It was wonderful and I bought the ring from Kimono Reincarnate. I have a link on my blog. here is another one. Melanie is just so lovely!
    http://kimonoreincarnate.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Deb!!! *waving* like crazy at you!!!
    thanks for leaving a comment, yay for blogs.
    so good that you have started a blog, it's so much fun isn't it!
    I didn't go to finders keepers, thought it would be a bit manic so decided to give it a miss this time round.
    You got to meet Melanie, she is just the sweetest & loveliest lady and her creations simply amazing.

    are you on facebook? pop round to my Melbourne epicure page if you are, I am organising a biggest morning tea fundraiser.

    BIG hugs blonde Deb! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathie, I am waving back just as madly!!!!! Blogs are fun. I am enjoying this one. Melanie is so lovely and I was thrilled to bits to meet her. Yes I am on facebook and I have sent you a quick email. I will pop around to your facebook page if I don't hear back from you. A biggest morning tea fundraiser sounds great.
      Big Hugs back to you soon

      Delete