Monday, April 23, 2012

A moment to consider others.

Something to consider. Please take the time to look at my very good friends lovely blog and comment.

http://tmtfof.blogspot.com.au/

It is not easy being a mum to a special needs child. I have my Petal who has issues and I have lost funding quite some time back. I have to constantly remind the teachers and others that because she looks NORMAL whatever that means, doesn't mean that she doesn't have challenges on a daily basis.  Sports reduces her to tears, it is challenging to encourage her to try tennis when she is just at the stage of catching a big ball.  All our wonderful progress can be undone in a few careless moments when the realisation sets in that she is so far behind her peers in sports and they are speeding ahead of her. That holding a racket and trying to hit a ball is way beyond her level of skills and this is the expectation that is given to her.  

Enough about my rant I have issues like all parents, my dear friend really is being pushed at the moment. Please take the time to share her blog. I appreciate all the wonderful help.




No comments:

Post a Comment