Monday, April 16, 2012

what to do?


As I said yesterday I am thinking about my massage room and I am thinking about what I am learning. What I am studying and revising, anatomy going around in my head, massage techniques and ideas.  Recently we have been doing Eastern Influences with our massage.  I have been walking around the house looking at things. Things that I like and things that I need to remove.


Then something seemed to click, the name of my business the colours and what I want to make it look like at home (in my yet to be built room). I don't want it cluttered it has to be a calm space, I don't want it to be too complicated that is not the way that I work. I wanted peaceful and something that reflects what I like.


Sometimes things start to come together.  I love the peaceful blue tones of Indigo.   I love this beautiful picture titled very appropriately "butterflies".  It is still very simple at the moment, the ideas are still floating and I don't have the space or the time to spend energy on this however it is starting to come together and that is a really good feeling.

"Indigo is a sedative and it helps to open up our intuition. The colour of divine knowledge and the higher mind. Not suitable for areas for entertainment but for more 'quiet' places. Bedrooms or treatment rooms for example. Some people find indigo is helpful for studying so this colour could be used as part of the decor of a library or study"

I might dye my lovely white cotton waffle blanket a beautiful indigo as well!


I love the simple and beautiful layout in this one. The feature wall with the mirror and the lovely clean feel.  (Very important).


I love the framed feature wall in this one with both natural lighting and spot lights. I have seen a table like this at Ikea that would be perfect for my space. Although this is much more about beauty treatments mine would not be.  I still need to have a space to put all my linen and other necessary things. Is it something that I hide away or do I make this a feature as well. Can you have too many features. I love the look of beautiful rolled fresh towels. Maybe baskets or maybe open shelves?



On a different note. I have been thinking about waste and how much we throw out and what happens and then I was reading a little bit instead of studying (yes shame on me) Not Quite Nigella, i love her blog amazing.... if you get a moment it is interesting the question that she raises "do the supermarkets know what we really want?"





No comments:

Post a Comment