Tuesday, April 3, 2012

dreams

I sometimes dream of a simple life, a life where I don't have to worry about so many things and don't have so many tasks to do.  That cleaning was easy and the stuff did not take over, toys breed and multiply at night I have found.  I realise that we have a lot of clutter (too much) and I wonder what it would be like to not have it. I remember a time when we first moved into our home about 16 years ago (give or take a year) and we had a table, a bed, a fridge some chairs from work, a television and not much else.  We had nothing much and had a lovely time. Cleaning was easy and life was much easier too. The house echoed. Now we have filled every room and over flowed some!

I do a cull and then stop again. I find that the area that I cull becomes cluttered again very quickly. I wonder why?  Something that I will ponder whilst away at an early time in the morning.

I have been looking at a blog that has a simple life.  Ohhh for this life,  Zero waste!  It is not just about waste or lack of it.  It much more than this, looking at all aspects of living. I was discussing this with my other half. I don't believe that we have that much waste, we compost and we don't seem to throw things out, (Do we now!)  We reuse things, we donate things and we trade and pass on things.  It is only the start really.

I think that coming home from school and not having a list of chores a mile long, being able to find my clothes for the morning and not have a mess in the cupboard would be grand.  To make more sustainable and economic choices if that is what is necessary.

Today was the last day of school for a little bit, however the amount of work that we have to do whilst we are "on holidays" is quite overwhelming including study for the first of the exams.  I handed in my assignment today and I didn't breath a sigh of relief. It all feels quite overwhelming and I am feel everyone else is class is doing much better than I am.

Off to read up on my pregnancy massage for a booking tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment