Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter Sunday

Today the kiddies awoke to far fewer presents I think the easter bunny was having a tough year or maybe it was a good decision?  We ran out of time and found that we had to compromise also the budget was tight and stretched to breaking.  I am so over trying to juggle everything, time and money!

They were VERY happy with what they received. (I think I have to be careful to not let my perceptions interfere with how they feel)  Some clothes, a large Kinder surprise egg and some lovely little eggs that the bunny had left in the garden.

They always dash around and find the eggs with a little help from us, I never get tired of watching this ritual.  Then breakfast is hot cross buns and lots of little chocolates.  A lovely start to the day. I leave the chocolate eating to Daddy and the kiddies.  I do enjoy the hot cross bun with jam and banana, something that my dad and myself always shared, sitting on the front step of the house or down the coast.

We dashed out (late as usual) to visit my other half's brothers family (don't try to say that 3 times fast).   Oh my goodness were they spoilt.  We all were! The presents, the food and the company was wonderful. My sister-in-law aways finds some wonderful things and amazing bargains.  I like her discoveries at Aldi's especially.  My other half was impressed with the lovely large bottle of eucalyptus oil and I liked the raspberry bubbly.  This was served with the amazing amount of smoked salmon (so good and so decedent) cream cheese and the largest mini toasts that I have ever seen.  My Red Headed Hurricane was especially happy with the Brie and the largest mini toasts ever!

My amazing sister in law makes things. All sorts of things as she is very creative and very clever.  She does quilting which is way beyond my level of skills.  I admire her amazing creations and look at the books with her and wonder how on earth the do all of these things. I must admit that I like the more modern ones than the traditional ones.  I do however appreciate all the work and labour that goes into anything that is hand made.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

(I am sure the photo does not do them justice, however there is a coat hanger, 2 aprons (loves owls) and a pot holder, done using a quilting technique)

I thought I would take a photo and include this to show you only some of the beautiful things that she so very kindly donates for the mothers day school. It has lifted the bar so very high for the other mothers and  myself.  It also means that everyone now gets beautiful presents from the school stall.   I have seen mothers talking to other mothers, asking for one of her lovely creations to be held aside so little Johnny or Little Mary can buy it when they come.  I laugh when I hear all this and relay the messages back to her.

It was such a lovely day.  Busy again and with another busy day tomorrow.

















No comments:

Post a Comment