Saturday, April 28, 2012

Little Hand, Little Tooth

My plans for making a tooth box or at least decorating one with my boy, have been thwarted a little as the tooth came out before the weekend!  (This week I had school on Friday as well) After being at school all day on Thursday, I was greeted with a lovely smile, cuddles and missing tooth!  Again the mixed emotions happened however he was just so happy and our Petal decided that she was happy to share her tooth box with her brother.  So the problem was solved very quickly.  We then sat down together to talk about the tooth and the experience.  There was no blood, a good sign and he assured me that it was a great and very clean tooth.


Lovely to be greeted first thing in the morning with the same smile, and a very happy boy who was visited by the tooth fairy during the night.   So exciting to watch their amazement that this little tooth has gone and there in it's place a couple of gold coins.

So instead of the box, which I am sure we will do very soon as there is another tooth showing signs of wobbling. My Petal and myself are going to make a bracelet for the Red Headed Hurricane as his birthday in on Tuesday.  I thought it would be good for my Petals motor skills to make something and My Hurricane always seems to love whatever she makes him.  So a quick trip to the material shop after school during the week and I was able to get some trim and some felt which are two necessary items for making this project.  It had to black as he only appreciates what he considers to be "Cool".  This is the same boy that was on the barbie website painting finger nails on his computer (an early birthday present) during the week.



We found a lovely and easy trim bracelet tutorial that I am sure my girl and myself can attempt quite happily together. She approves of the black and the studs and is looking forward to making something else for her brother.  Her last project that she made was a halloween cushion and he loves it. It's cool!  it has pride of place in his room he is extra proud that his sister made something special for him.













No comments:

Post a Comment