Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Science is fun!

Yesterday at school pick up my Red Headed Hurricane proudly announced to me that he has a wobbly tooth. His first tooth ever to be wobbly.  I have to say that I was both thrilled and a little sad at the prospect of my Hurricane losing his baby teeth. I am now searching for an appropriate container that both the tooth fairy and the Hurricane will approve of.  It might have to be something that he can make or decorate. I will ask him about this before it comes out.  He was wondering if swimming would be appropriate, if he could risk losing the tooth in the pool? His sister told him that tooth fairies can just find the tooth even if we couldn't. That even if you swallowed them the money would be left and that was the important part.  We recently watched Hogfather, so he has a good idea of the tooth fairies.  We asked him which one he wanted and he replied the $2.00 one!

Recently my Red Headed Hurricane realised that he could combine his two loves; cooking and science.  He borrowed from the school library a book that involved just that and came home very proudly announcing that we needed to conduct some experiments AND that we are having spaghetti for dinner and marshmallows for dessert.  So a quick visit to Aldi's to get the necessary equipment.

1 packet of marshmallows
1 packet of dried spaghetti
plus 2 children






This was a great success and I am sure there will be many more to follow.  I think the taste tests of the marshmallows went down well too.


No comments:

Post a Comment